Friday 2 December 2011

The Flood Gates Have Opened...

Now that I have found one source inspiring shinanigans it seems to be coming at me from every direction - and by every direction I just mean my computer screen... I hate being too poor to buy magazines. Susie Lau of Style Bubble is herself a wealth of drool worthy information and today is obviously no different. 

Today's lesson - as soon as you think you know your style, it changes. More specifically, mine has taken an unforeseen swing toward the S/S 12 collection by J.W. Anderson wonderfully named 'Craft Goes Machine'



I'm a big fan of the print. Feels a little retro, like wearable Tetris... Aside from that though, the thing that I found most surprising is that I genuinely enjoy the 'pieced together' aesthetic. It's like there was a trip to the local Salvos prior to construction ending in one garment becoming a feast of God knows how many other garments. Add a few strategically placed eyelets and a length of leather and there you have it...



















There's also something to be said for a good blue and white pajama stripe!!! Which reminds me of another fun find (which I may or may not have already posted)...


Again... not something I'm usually into. Simplicity is key with me - I can barely handle wearing more than two layers. But this little DIY killed it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment