Friday 7 January 2011

Oh beauty, have I found thee?

Whilst conducting my daily blog read through Style Bubble has once again introduced me to a link of undeniable visual feast-y-ness!!! Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre have a site that documents ruins through photography and I couldn't not share these even if I wanted to!! The photos are clearly serving as some kind of historical documentation, story telling time capsule. I was in such awe of their beauty that I found myself - not 10mins ago now - clicking through each reel of photographs over and over again each time discovering new details, another piece of the puzzle, more depth in the story. I have considered going on and on about these delicious pieces of art but I have decided to let the photos speak for themselves... All photos are taken in Detroit, Michigan USA

18th floor dentist cabinet, David Broderick Tower

Bagley-Clifford Office of the National Bank of Detroit

Ballroom, American Hotel

Ballroom, Lee Plaza Hotel

Classroom, St Margaret Mary School

Fisher Body 21 Plant

Melted clock, Cass Technical High School

Packard Motors Plant

Piano, Saint Albertus School

Room 1504, Lee Plaza Hotel

United Artists Theater

William Livingston House (the image featured on Stylebubble.typepad)

Woodward Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment