Thursday 25 November 2010

Violence might just be the answer...

I few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending an evening at the Mod Club... Big space, wooden floors and a square of mats with two pillows strategically popped up in the middle with PILLOW FIGHT LEAGUE printed on them... Despite the size of the venue, the event itself was quite intimate. I was, to my apprehension, little more than than 1m from the action. At one point I was barely spared a few bruises of my own as Eva Destruction flew dangerously close to where I was seated. Honestly, I am more of a Roller Derby fan but seeing as I have yet to see such a bout in person Pillow Fight League is definitely the next best thing. I have to admit, however, that there was a hint of tacky, over-acting but for reasons unknown it didn't bother me. Must have been the lack of silicon and the utter hilarity of some genuine humor on the part of the fighters. Fingers crossed I'll be attending the championship fight on December 4th because I definitely haven't had my fix just yet...












No comments:

Post a Comment