Sunday 12 September 2010

Lost, found, serenaded and slapped in the face...

I have just a little bit of love for MoMA and a lot of photos to prove it! Despite the fact that the air conditioning was so extreme I almost passed out when stepping back out into the heat, I genuinely enjoyed the space that managed to feel both clean and cavernous without being hard and sterile. I'll thank the insane artwork and their creators for that! 


Liam Gillick: 'The State Itself Becomes a Super Whatnot' 2008


Ellen Gallagher: 'Deluxe' 2004-05

Melvin Edwards: from the series 'Lynch Fragment' 1986

Simon Hantai: Untitled 1973

David Hammons: Untitled 1969

Wangechi Mutu: 'One Hundred Lavish Months of Bushwick' 2004

Tanya Berkeley: 'Ariel' 2006

Annette Messager: 'My Vows' 1988-91
We were lucky enough to catch a bit of a french guy cooling down a rather large crowd with his tune-age. Obviously I couldn't understand a word of it but I really enjoyed his music. Parked it in the courtyard of MoMA for at least 40mins silently watching this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment