Tuesday 31 July 2012

La Sagrada Familia by Gaudi

I have a few friends who are architects and I have always appreciated their passion for design and their extraordinary work ethic. I am clearly not an architect. While I can appreciate beautiful buildings and I have an ongoing obsession with Victorian architecture (when I'm rich and famous I WILL own a Victorian home in Toronto and Melbourne, respectively), I cannot for the most part get in on their excitement. 

Gaudi is a name that was referred to often when discussing the connection between architecture and fashion but again, I never really jumped on that inspirational bandwagon. That is, of course, until now. Andy over at Style Scrapbook did me a big favour (not personally of course but I'm not discounting the possibility of one day becoming her friend... and no, I'm not a stalker) by taking some amazing snaps inside Gaudi's 'La Sagrada Familia' - an iconic church in Barcelona. She describes its aesthetic as appearing to be "... inside a spaceship meets The Never Ending Story ivory tower." Personally, I'm getting a pretty major 'drenched with sunlight Pans Labyrinth' vibe. I like it....









Images via. Style Scrapbook

1 comment:

  1. I think architecture in la will likely be great.
    Rios Clementi Hale Studios was founded in 1985 as a multi-disciplinary design firm. We create singular, integrated and comprehensive solutions for a variety of design challenges. Combined, our talents comprise a wide range of professional skills including architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning and design, interior design, graphics and signage, exhibit and product design. Project types include commercial, residential, civic, educational, institutional, exhibits and product and furniture design.
    We are dedicated to applying a strong interdisciplinary collaborative approach to the design process, whether on projects within our office or in consultation with other design firms. A broad mixture of clients and projects has given us solid experience in dealing with various and complex design issues.
    I think la architecture will be great.

    ReplyDelete